I was at the oncologist today - I saw a different one again, Dr. Dent wasn't there - but she was the best one yet! Very nice and I had a bunch of questions which she answered very comprehensively.
The best thing that happened this week is that I got the much anticipated cancer present from my friend Becky. Here it is:
This is no ordinary quilt - it has magical powers! No it doesn't - thats totally lame, do you think this blog is a kid's storybook?
The reason it isn't ordinary is because Becky made it herself and this is a big deal for a few reasons (people like Selma are reading this probably thinking it isn't a big deal at all but that's because people like Selma can sew a pair of pants blindfolded...):
- I don't think Becky is very crafty - or maybe she is but I've known her for more than 30 years and I wouldn't point to craftiness as a quality to describe her. And I don't think that's an insult, some people are, some people aren't. I'm not and I'm totally comfortable with my lack of craftiness.
- I didn't even know Becky owned a sewing machine or knew how to sew - you know why? Because apparently she has only used her sewing machine twice since grade 8! Do you know that means that in the past 25 years, Becky has sewn twice. Two times, that's it - and making this quilt is the #2 time. I don't know about you, but that's two more times than me (I also do not own a sewing machine and I don't foresee myself owning one unless I guess I inherit one or something like that...they sort of scare me actually). Anyway, so after only using her sewing machine one other time in 25 years she has managed to make an entire quilt just for me! Pretty friggin' awesome.
- For those of you that do not know Becky, she has a baby and a toddler at home so its not like she's got loads of time on her hands - and she has a dog, cat and a husband too!
So for the rest of the week....
It was a pretty quiet week - the usual stuff - acupuncture, massage etc. Dom had a show in Montreal on Saturday night and I went to my friend Erin's housewarming party with Andrew, Laurel and Jonah. Good times. We also got some pretty delicious meals from people this week too. Yummy.
On Sunday, Dom and I turned into Grinches. Dom brought in the Christmas trees from the garage to discover that the squirrels chewed the crap out of the boxes and also ate through the cord of the small Christmas tree that goes in the basement. So as Dom was swearing in the basement splicing wires, I was swearing upstairs as I struggled with Walmart's online Christmas card program (I promise no one a Christmas card this year). After all of the swearing we put up the tree - Fat May got right into it - waiting for Santa already.
On Sunday night I went over to Kersten's to help her make peanut butter balls for the City's United Way bake sale - so for those of you from work reading this, you had better buy some - those are peanut butter balls made by a cancer patient.
These are my share that I'm putting in the freezer until my cancer diet is over. Then I might just eat all of them at once.
On Monday I went to acupuncture and it was my last appointment with Tran until February *sigh* but it was okay. That shrieking lady was back again though for the first half of my appointment but luckily for me she left after Tran put in the pins and needles so the majority of my treatment was relaxing.
That's it! This is a short one because next week's might be long - there may be some special features and I'll wait until after my appointment with Dr. Craig and Dr. Beaulieau (surgeon) so I'll have lots of information about the upcoming months of these Cancer Holidays.
In the meantime, there's only 16 days until Christmas and I don't know about your house but for the past week we've had Magic FM on all of the time playing all-day and all-night Christmas music! I'm sure that Dom has only agreed to this because this cancer chick is insisting on it. Try it out - if you aren't in the Christmas spirit yet, you soon will be!



